1.23.2012

"As I Have Loved You"

Ladies...is anyone alive? I am missing everyone. I have skipped several weeks of blogging but I'm getting my stuff together and trying to come back!

In December, our Relief Society had the opportunity to hear a woman named Kitty De Ruyter speak. I sat there for nearly two hours listening and hanging on every word she spoke. Mrs. Ruyter is full of love, knowledge, humor, incredible experiences, patriotism, the Spirit and possesses a strength like I have never heard of before.

I hope that one day you will all have an opportunity to hear her speak, but until then I've just had her book sent to Lacey's house. Lacey has already agreed to read it and then let's continue in the order below. If you want out of the circulation for one reason or another, just let me know!

Lacey to Nikki
Nikki to Krista
Krista to Michelle
Michelle to Kelsey
Kelsey to Mom Michelle
Mom Michelle to Courtney
Courtney to Meagan

You'll see the official review of the book below. I imagine that the book is full of inspiration just like the speech she gave. I hope you enjoy.
As I Have Loved You

As I Have Loved You


Like Anne Frank, Corrie ten Boom, and Viktor Frankl, Kitty de Ruyter Bon endured the terror of man's inhumanity to man during World War II. In this inspiring and powerful true story, Kitty testifies of the triumph of the human spirit.
As both of Kitty de Ruyter's parents were devout Christians, her day started with a hymn and a scripture from the Bible. Kitty was only eight years old when her island paradise of Java, Indonesia, was invaded by Japanese soldiers during WWII.
Members of Kitty's family were taken to different prison camps. Kitty describes how her mother acted with courage in the face of hardship-even torture. Forbidden to pray at the camp, she nevertheless prayed and taught her children all she remembered of the scriptures. She courageously defied the Japanese officials and bravely took upon herself the consequences.
These and countless other incidents, beautifully portrayed, prove that the grace of Christ gives one power in the presence of hatred, evil, pain, and suffering.

2 comments: