1.31.2012

gender reveal party!




























































































These pictures somehow got posted in the wrong order, so look at them from bottom to top. I need a serious lesson on blogging. We had our Gender Reveal party on Friday and it was so much fun! You know me, I'm not into spending much time on making things pretty, but I do like a good party...I spent the morning at the Dr's office, getting my ultrasound and check-up. The tech told me when to close my eyes, then wrote the gender on two slips of paper, and put them into two separate envelopes. After my appointment I went straight to the party supply store with a box I had wrapped. I gave the clerk my envelope, paid for a bouquet of balloons, then went to sit in my car to wait for her to get them blown up and into the box (yes, I was kind of dying to know by then).

After lunch, I let my kids open the box, and I have to say it was a pretty exciting and dramatic way to find out the sex of our baby. Everyone in the entire room screamed, including me...I was honestly shocked! I thought for sure it was a boy (but I have been dead wrong every time so why would I even try to guess?) Breckon went missing and we found him hiding in the other room. He was not happy about the pink and purple balloons, and when Krista and I tried to talk to him, he punched and spit at us until we left him alone. When Kenny got home (he got called into work and had to miss the whole thing), they had a long talk and I think he's feeling much better.

Thanks to everyone who came, wearing pink or blue, and participated...it was so fun! We are now getting excited about the idea of another baby girl in our family- even Breckon is warming up to the idea! Any suggestions for names...?


















2 comments:

  1. You didn't post the deer in headlight picture huh? thats the best one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun...wish we could have been there! Thank heaven for little girls...

    ReplyDelete