11.23.2011

Checking it off ...

I've always been a list maker, and for some reason I do best with a handwritten list that I can physically check off - or scribble off with a pen. At the start of this week my list was pretty long. It has to be the nesting factor I'm dealing with right now, but over the past few days I've managed to whittle it down a little.


One of the big things on my list was to decorate for Christmas. I don't usually decorate before Thanksgiving, but I wanted it all up and glowing when we got home from Thanksgiving.

Luckily I already had some Christmas stuff, but I had to buy the Christmas tree, the ornaments, and the garland. You'll notice that's about all there is this year. We'll have to add on year after year.

I made a new advent calendar for this year. I can't wait to fill it with surprises and activities to keep us busy over the next month.





There's just a little sneak peak. I'm sure things will change over time. I also put up stuff downstairs. I'll post pictures next week. Has anyone else gotten Christmas up? Post pictures!

Decorating for Christmas isn't the only thing we've been up to at this house - I'm on the organize a random drawer or cupboard schedule. This was the latest!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a list/check off kind of person also. In fact, it's a little embarrassing to admit but I sometimes (especially when I was working) put things on the list even after I've done it. Just so I can see it's checked off!

    Your Christmas decorations look great! I love your tree and the advent calendar turned out so cute. I'm going to work on getting my Christmas deco up today before we leave for Idaho.

    I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete