11.01.2011

Respect.

As many of you know, I am the Gospel Doctrine teacher in my ward. It has been a good calling for me, and I am learning a lot. This Sunday our lesson was on Ephesians, such a beautiful epistle by Paul. I thoroughly enjoyed learning and teaching his words. Lately we have been struggling in our home with teaching our children to respect us. One of our children, in particular, has become extremely disrespectful with his words and actions when he gets mad. His anger is usually directed toward me.

As I was studying Ephesians I came across these scriptures:
1 aChildren, bobey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
2 aHonour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)
3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
4 And, ye afathers, bprovoke not your cchildren to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
(Ephesians Chapter 6)

Just thought I'd see if anybody has any ideas for teaching children to respect their parents. I understand they will not always obey, and they may go through times where they disrespect. But we are struggling with this on a daily basis...and it seems a little extreme for the age of 5.

I could use some advice or insight! Thanks ladies (and husbands too)...
Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment