8.11.2011

Anniversary

Today I have only one thing on my mind:

Four Year Wedding Anniversary.

All I have been thinking about lately is what to get Lex for our anniversary. I started researching a while ago, and the four year traditional and modern suggestions are either flowers or appliances. I headed in the appliance direction. I started my search with all appliances, then quickly narrowed it down to a barbecue grill. I thought since we are getting into a house soon he would love one. Then my hopes were quickly dashed, they are out of my price range at the moment.
Last night as we were eating dinner I said to Lex, "I don't have a gift for you", he said "I don't have one for you either". I told him about the appliance suggestion then about the barbecue, he quickly got a savvy idea, saying "well, we did just pick out all of our appliances for our house, that could be our anniversary gift to each other". So for my four year anniversary I gave and received a dishwasher, a fridge, a oven, and a microwave.
What gifts did you give or receive on your four year anniversaries?

3 comments:

  1. I think that's a great idea!! Sometimes, I feel like I spend money on something just to have something to give...it's just so much better to have a purpose/need. I can't remember what we did for our 4 year --- but I have a fun idea for this year. I'll have to tell you about it instead of write it, just in case Scott reads this:-).

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe not the most fun anniversary gift, but we're kind of at that time in our lives where gifts have to be a bit more practical than fun ...

    That's how our anniversaries, birthdays, holidays have been during our marriage. Maybe someday we'll get to the point where we can really surprise each other with something unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kenny and I never have had any money so the best anniversary gift at our house has always been good sex (sorry Meg, I had to write it)!

    ReplyDelete