8.28.2011

Zucchini

I love fresh garden veggies in the summer. This year the pine valley garden seems to be producing an amazingly large amount of summer squash and zucchini. Even after sharing with friends and neighbors I have a never ending supply. I have found myself figuring out how to incorporate squash and zucchini into every meal....( Which can be tricky since savannah is my only child who likes these vegetables)...and thought I would share some ideas with you all.

Zucchini bread ( my freezer is full). I freeze grated zucchini to make bread later.
Chocolate cake
Choc chip & zucchini muffins
Sauté with olive oil
Dip in egg whites and roast in oven
Zucchini soup ( tastes a lot like broccoli soup). Savannahs favorite!
Grate and add to other soups
Grate and add to spaghetti
Grate summer squash and add to eggs (my kids didn't notice)
Zucchini lasagna (no pasta)
Breaded zucchini
Add to any Pasta
Stuffed zucchini
Casseroles
Breakfast casseroles with potatoes and sausage
Oatmeal zucchini cookies

I have found most recipes online. Let me know if you have other ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment