8.10.2011

Unclaimed Property

I saw this status update on Facebook yesterday:

Everyone needs to check out the unclaimed property website to see if they are owed any money. I have found three family members including myself, and two friends on the list. My bro got $700 and mine was $250. Crazy huh?!! Google it.

It sounded a little sketchy, but I decided to Google it. I did and quickly found the State of Utah's Unclaimed Property website:


After a glance over the website I typed my name into the search bar and learned there are 2 claims under my name. I called the state office for a little more information. They won't disclose the amount or what the money is from until they verify it's mine - but every claim on the website is at least $50. 

I filled out a self-generated form - now all I have to do is send it in to see if the money is mine. Easy enough.

Hurry, go check to see if you have unclaimed property!

4 comments:

  1. Dang!! No money for me...hope everyone else has better luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No luck for me either...that is interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found claims for both Grandma's and one Grandpa!! All of them have passed though. Hopefully my parents can claim them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops... my bro was over and was logged in on my account!

    ReplyDelete