8.30.2011

Catch Up...

Hey Ladies...My life has gotten extremely busy lately and I haven't had a chance to talk to ya'all lately so I'm calling this post a "catch up" entry! Some of you may have noticed that I missed my day last week (shockingly horrible, isn't it?) Anyway, I am sorry about that and I am here to fill you in on what's been going on:

My mom was down staying with us last week and she and I killed our first Scorpion in the house. Scorpions are a huge problem here, and after our neighbor's five year old was in ICU for over a week for a bite, I have been literally panicked and having nightmare's of scorpions! Luckily our bug guy said our house was pretty clean of bugs which should make scorpions less attracted to letting themselves in. They are nasty little creatures and I have been searching every corner and crevice since to try and find his nasty little buddies. Luckily none yet, but I'll keep you posted on the scorpion situation. They are pretty dangerous for anyone under the age of eight!

Breckon started Kindergarten this week and he is really excited about it! His teacher was in the Air Force, has a graduate degree in Literacy, and is extremely cute so I think we are all pleased! Last night we did his homework and reading, and it reminded me of my days with Jordan (as a nanny in Connecticut). Boys are not meant to sit down and do worksheets, they would all rather be outside running around or teasing somebody. But we made it through day 1, and I'm hoping he will get used to the idea soon so we don't have one more power struggle around here! He is learning to read on his own and I am amazed at how smart he truly is! The girls and I have walked Breckon to school the past two days (1.5 miles round trip), and with the warm weather, pushing a double stroller is quite a workout!

Sadie starts preschool next week, and I am going to be going along with her as an assistant teacher. Annabel is coming too (she will sleep for an hour of it, but will join for the other hour and a half). It's so funny how I was so anxious for Breckon to be big and go to preschool, Sunbeams, etc. It must be because Sadie's a second child, but I am NOT anxious to send her anywhere. If Mandi hadn't offered me the job, Sadie would have spent her first year of preschool home with me- and I was kind of looking forward to that! I think this will be a lot of fun, and hopefully Annabel will participate and not be a distraction!

Kenny has been working for a few months now, but this Friday we will get our first full paycheck at full wage. I have dreamed of all the things we could buy if we didn't have so many bills and debt to pay off! Still fun though!

I met with the Bishopric last week to receive a calling. It's funny because all afternoon I had a feeling what it would be, and I was right...is that crazy or what? I guess sometimes you just know. Anyway I have been called to be the new Gospel Doctrine teacher in our ward. Our ward is made up of extremely educated people of all ages, and they certainly know the gospel. The other teacher is a surgeon, and has served as Bishop and Stake President. To say that I am a little intimidated is an understatement!! When they extended the calling, I honestly had to catch my breath. This is the one calling in the church that I have always been worried about. I asked if they were sure the Lord didn't want Kenny instead, but they laughed and said they were positive I was the one! My first lesson is in three Sundays, please pray for me!

On a final note, you are all a bunch of bums! Why doesn't anybody comment on anybody else's post? Are any of you even reading this blog? Something is wrong with my computer and I can't get my comments to post (it says I'm not a valid user, which is silly on a private blog, but something's wrong). Anyway- we all need to start commenting, and interacting...or what's the point?? I love you all!
Lacey

2 comments:

  1. For the record... I read the blog everyday and look forward to hearing from each of you! So fun to hear about your life and all the great things you have going on! It is obvious that you have a real ability to enjoy life wherever you live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Krista, you always seem to jump right in and make every place your home. I'm amazed by how quickly you get involved and make friends. I love to hear the details! We are so excited for your family!

    ReplyDelete