8.25.2011

Peanut Butter Bars (Grandma Marcia)

(Last Thursday I was at the parents house watching Will ride his bike outside checking my e-mail. I checked the blog and thought to myself, oh whoever has today is a dud, they haven't posted anything yet! Only to realize that night that the dud was ME! I was going to do a catch up post but didn't want to steal someone else's day.)
This recipe is from Grandma Marcia:
(and if you are a peanut butter and chocolate lover you will definitely love this!
Grandma used to make this for me for every birthday!
I would hide the whole pan so no one else could have any!)

Peanut Butter Bars:
Cream.... 1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Firmly packed brown Sugar; cream well.
Blend in.... 1 egg
1/3 Cup Peanut Butter
1/2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Stir in.... 1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Quick Oats
Spread.... in greased 13x9 pan.
Bake.... 350* until lightly browned. (around 20 minutes)
then sprinkle with 1 Cup Chocolate Chips.
Let stand until melted, then spread evenly.
Combine.... 1/2 Cup powdered Sugar
1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
2-4 Tbl. Evaporated Milk; mix well.
drizzle over chocolate. Cool. Cute into bars.
Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. These are my favorite. I may have to make them this Sunday. I cant tell you how happy I am about this blog. Fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete