8.13.2011

German Pancakes



You've probably all made German Pancakes (or Hootenanny Pancakes) before, but I recently started making them in a muffin pan and thought I would share. The recipe calls for a cube of butter (I have always halved that) and now with this version I use even less.

Ingredients:
6 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 cup butter

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray muffin tin with pam and put a sliver of butter in each cup. Let melt in oven for 2 minutes or until the butter is bubbling. Meanwhile, mix the four other ingredients in mixer for 5 minutes.

After butter is melted pour mix evenly into all 12 muffin cups. Cook for 16-18 minutes. Serve.

Instead of using syrup (or in addition to) we like to puree frozen strawberries then top with a little powdered sugar.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Perfect... I was just thinking of a great 1st day of school breakfast idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And also, thanks for taking such great care of Michael this weekend. I know that was a lot for you all to take on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to try these! I have never had a recipie for German Pancakes and this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete