9.16.2011

General Update

Cooking: Well our menu has now expanded from 3 to 5 meals. We're very excited about it, but...we are really getting sick of spaghetti and fajitas. If any of you have any great recipes, send them our way. We're in dire need of them!

Entertainment: We get a redbox movie just about every night of the week. If any of you need a great movie suggestion, don't hesitate to ask. We've also become fans of the diamondbacks (Arizona's professional baseball team). Once we found out their field was covered and air conditioned we became instant fans! There is nothing like escaping the Arizona heat to watch a baseball game in 72 degree weather. Due to the fact that Michael has finally been accepted into the law school married LDS group, we've been able to make quite a few good friends. The wives are getting good at ignoring the husbands boring law talk.

Sex: You will all be happy to know that your gifts from my naughty nighty shower have been put to great use :) thanks for all the advice, it has come in handy. Moving on...

Church: Michael is the 2nd counselor in the Elders Quorum Presidency. It keeps him pretty busy. I wish I had more to tell about it but it's a pretty boring calling. I teach the 11 year olds in primary. Our primary is really small so I only have two boys in my class. If any of you mothers know how to keep a child's attention for more than 30 seconds please let me know.

Michael: You may all be surprised that he is actually the one that cooks around here. He really enjoys experimenting and it usually ends up being pretty delicious, which I hate admitting. His second year of law school is going well so far. He really likes his classes and seems to be less stressed than last year. I've come to learn that Michael really enjoys his toilet time. I swear he sits on there for at least 20 minutes and just plays solitaire. So frustrating! In fact, he is sitting in front of me now on his phone...I'll bet you anything he is playing solitaire.

Me: I started training for my new job this week. Two more weeks to go! I'm so excited to finally be working in my field. I feel like I'm back in school though, lots of assignments and tests. There is so much to learn so I'm just trying to absorb as much info as possible. I'm learning about a bunch of new products so I'll be able to post about those in the future. I'm finally becoming familiar with the Phoenix area. The driving, the restaurants, the weather, the shopping. It's nice to be able to get into my car and not have to plug an address into my GPS.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments: