9.07.2011

Sheets


I really love crawling into a freshly made bed. I like the sheets to smell of laundry detergent, and for them to be crisp and tight on the bed. One of the biggest ongoing disagreements Darin and I have is how a bed is supposed to be made. If he had his way - he wouldn't tuck in the top sheet. He always complains that his feet get stuck at the bottom of the bed. The other part of the disagreement is how the sheets are put on the bed. I was always taught that the top sheet goes face down so that when you pull the bed back, it looks good. Anyone else?

Okay, that was a little bit of a tangent - but the point is - I love a well made bed.

For as long as I can remember, I've heard my Grandma Teddy Sue talk about laundry. She's always done it on Mondays, she loves to iron, and she has certain ways she does things.

One of those things is that she always puts her freshly washed sheets back on the bed wet. No dryer. She takes them directly out of the washing machine and puts them onto the bed. Without tucking the sheets in, she lets the fan in the room dry the sheets before making the bed.

I gave this a try last week for the first time - and I'm so glad I did! Not only did the sheets, and the whole room smell of fresh laundry detergent, the sheets felt so crisp and clean. I'm a fan!

I'm also a fan of high thread count sheets. Totally worth the investment if you ask me. Anyone else?

2 comments:

  1. Darin has lost it! Our dad is the one who actually taught us how to make a bed, and that included tucking in the top sheet. Also, this is one of our arguments about how the top sheet goes. I make our bed the same way with the top sheet down so when you pull it back it looks nice, he could care less about how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was taught the same way...top sheet face down.
    And funny Joe says the exact same thing Darin did...his feet get stuck.
    I am going to try the wet sheet thing and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete