9.23.2011

Turning Me Into a Housewife!

Although it feels like this adventure started yesterday... we are already past the 4 month mark.  It seems like some girls start sharpening their housewife skills long before their time comes... I was not one of those girls. My skills are coming... slowly. It's a good thing I have all of you to help bring me up to speed! Your advice came in handy today while Michael and I did some serious deep cleaning around the house. My parents are coming into town tomorrow so we needed things to be looking spic-n-span. Luckily, I had plenty of helpful tips from our blog. I was able to use...

Courtney's great tip for having clean, crisp sheets on the bed (put the sheets on the bed right out of the washing machine, it makes the room smell so good)
Lacey's great dishwasher tip
Meagan's great tip using vinegar to clean the microwave (the spills wipe right off)
Question for Courtney... What do you do with the pillowcases? Do you put them on the pillows wet? Thanks everyone for all the great tips :) I hope you all have a great weekend! 

3 comments:

  1. I usually just let the pillow cases dry over a chair or something then I put them on the pillow once they're dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post...made me smile! Now cook up some of kristas pumpkin cookies to make your house smell good. Have fun with your parents!

    ReplyDelete