9.11.2011


I had the intention of posting tonight a video of bracken, Michael and William playing football. They played hard for a long time, and watching kept us all thoroughly entertained! Unfortunately, I didn't get the video uploaded and am now home.

I have been thinking a lot about 9/11 theses past few days. We had an assembly at school, I have watched the news and church broadcasts today, and have remembered my personal experience of that terrible day. I will never forget Meagan calling to tell me about the first plane as I was driving to work, not being able to get in touch with Lacey who was living 30 minutes away from NYC, and watching in horror the continued tragedies of that day with a school full of jr high students. With such uncertainty in the world, I am so very grateful for the certainty of the gospel! Below is a link to a BYU Devotional given ten years ago right after the attacks.

http://speeches-files.byu.edu/download.php/Bateman_Merrill_2001_11.pdf?type=1&fname=Bateman_Merrill_2001_11.pdf

1 comment: