9.12.2011

On My Mind...

1. 2012 Election
Did anyone watch the republican debate tonight? I know it's early and a little exhausting to start following closely now, but amid the blame game there is actually a lot to learn. Watching or reading about the debate is a great way to learn more about important issues. It's also a great way to figure out where you stand on certain items. The news always dissects everything that is said (helping us find out what was true and what was false) and they usually pick the "winner." It's probably in our best interest to do a little of our own homework, you never know who you can trust:-).

2. Eat This Not That
Every once and a while I like to pull out my "Eat This Not That" book. I don't get into the restaurant suggestions much anymore, I like the general information in the beginning of the book. It includes a list of the 8 foods we should eat everyday and if you are interested the list is: SPINICH, YOGURT, TOMATOES, CARROTS, BLUEBERRIES, BLACK BEANS, WALNUTS, and OATS. The book dives into details about each one, good substitutes, and even ideas on how to fit it in your daily meals.

3. Child ID Kits
We were at the Davis County Fair a few weeks ago and were given two Child ID Kits for the kids. The kit includes a inkless fingerprint kit, laminated wallet card, and a DNA collection envelope. I can remember having one of these cards when I was little (I got it with my grandma at a local bank). I think it's a great idea to have in case of an emergency. If you are interested in learning more visit this website: http://www.childidprogram.com/.

4. Garden
We've been loving the vegetables that we've been able to grow this year. I think the best time is behind us...but we still have tomatoes by the dozens. I picked a big bowl of cherry tomatoes the other day and decided to make a roasted tomato soup. We all loved it! Find the recipe here and fyi we substituted milk for the heavy cream.

5. Bench
We had a little bench built in the corner of our kitchen. It's almost finished, just needs to be painted and pillowed. I'm so excited! I'll post pictures when it's all done...

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the bench. Do you love it? How about a picture in the meantime? :)

    ReplyDelete