9.03.2011

Life Lessons

Allison and Cameron both tried out for lead parts in Dixie Highs upcoming play Les Mes. The try outs were held only for the children who had parents that worked at the school. Somehow we convinced Mr. Saxton to let Allison try out( she had been working on her song for weeks). Cameron and Allison were by far better prepared than the other children. They both were amazing and not just because I love them. I knew that he couldn't cast Allison when there were several little girls whose parents worked at the school. Cameron made it. I am so excited for him and cant wait to watch him preform. The interesting thing has been how nervous Krista and I were. I never understood how tough it is to watch your children do emotionally scary things. I know Allison really wanted to play young Cosette. All day I have wanted to do something to make Allison feel better. The reality is that all that would do is make me feel better and deprive her of a really important life lesson.
Parenting is tough!


The more we shelter children from every disappointment, the more devastating future disappointments will be.

(Fred G. Gosman (20th century), U.S. author. How to Be a Happy Parent...In Spite of Your Children, ch. 1 (1995).)

1 comment:

  1. What a great experience just trying out is for both of them! I am so proud of them! Can't wait to hear Allison sing her song and then to see Camo in the musical.

    Way to go kids (and parents:-)!

    ReplyDelete