9.01.2011

The Night Off

Tonight I found myself husbandless and childless for a few hours. It has been a pretty interesting night. Lex and I had made plans to go to his cabin and mow the lawn this evening, but as the time approached I told him I had a lot to do and that it would be better for me if I stayed and he took William. He agreed and packed Will up and left. I sat down to write a list of things I had to do: find certain yarn, find fabric for photo back drops, find pacifier sterilizer, find a cute outfit for the hospital (for me), grocery shop, etc. I then realized the fabric stores I wanted to go to were already closed, it took me two seconds to realize that people just wash there babies pacifiers in the dish washer if it is hot enough, as you can see my list got smaller and smaller. I decided to take advantage of being alone and headed off to T.J. Maxx. I found no cute outfit for me to wear but 3 random things for photo props. Then off to Target, I bought a few snacks, baby supplies I still needed, and 2 rugs that were on clearance that I have loved for a long time for our house! Then I remembered on my way home that I still had not made it to the grocery store for milk and cereal, so i stopped there. Now I am home, groceries unpacked, bidding on eBay for an antique baby scale, eating Chex cereal with bananas anxiously awaiting my husband and little boy!
It is interesting how sometimes I feel like I just need a break but after a few minutes I am pretty lonely and bored and ready for my break to be over. I am sure this will change when the next baby comes but right now my nights off are not too desired.
If you were spontaneously given the night off and went to go do something, what would that something be?

1 comment:

  1. I would probably want to go wander around TJ MAXX also, go to dinner with sisters or friends, or go see a GREAT movie! I'm glad you had a night off, you probably need it. Keep us posted on the bebe, we can't wait to meet her! You are one lucky girl if she really does come early:-).

    ReplyDelete